Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    Not sure how you could do it with no tax increases.....The best I can figure if we put out a wild guess as to the cost I will go with the 75 Million estimate. The question would be how much would be saved over the lifetime of the new buildings (Assuming 50 years we are looking at needing an avg saving of 1.25 Million to break even) I am not saying that can not be reached but to me I would think it would be tough

  2. #12
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    [ QUOTE ]
    Also "? please don't mention high school athletics (particularly football) as a significant consideration against "rationalization."? These schools are for education (hence the name "schools"?), and athletics are merely extracurricular activities that should not drive the debate.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Why is this concept so hard for some people to comprehend?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member AppyDawg4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2007
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    Sports teaches people how to be winners. Thats the problem with most of you losers, you never have been winners. I hope every Dawg shows up tonight to the BORED of supervisors meeting and let them know how much we plan to keep our school and no crap like Ron FlimFlam Man Flanary is trying to pull.

    If I can make it tonight, I'll be there wearing my Dawg Jacket and telling every stinking bored member that I pay their salary, they can stop trying to pull the wool over this dawgs eyes!

    Consolidate my ass!

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    *grabs my popcorn and prepares to watch*
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    I do think it is time for 3 new schools to be built and Sports should have no part of the decision. sports are a secondary thought when it comes to life. How many from the LPD are making a living playing sports and how many HS sports people are doing something else? Education must be put on the front burner. The future of our kids is what is at stake. I don't want to see one huge school though.
    And let me say this, as someone from Norton and having plans for my kids to attend Burton, If Norton decides to do something else and we lose the "city" name and have to consolidate with another school I would much rather it be a new state of the art school. Another thing is Even If Burton keeps the City status and it's own school they will have no choice but to upgrade because of the "new county schools" when it happens so it will help even the kids from Norton also. It will force Norton to keep up with what the county is doing or they will be losing kids because believe it or not, most rational parents know that Education, not sports, will be what carries their kids through life. Like I said, how many people from the LPD make a living playing sports vs. how many rely on their education and how many are held back from lack of education?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    The editor's commentary in the Coalfield today dealt with that.

    By the way, I don't see anybody wearing nothing Appy related on tv, unless they are back out of camera range.

    Durn
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    Fast forward 10 years - random local business:

    Former Student: "I want a job."
    Potential Employer: "Ok son what are your specialities."
    Former Student: "I'm a winner."
    Potential Employer: "Self esteem is great. Just great. But back to your skills..."
    Former Student: "Playing sports taught me everything I needed to know. Being a winner is important. I'm a winner. A Dawg winner forever man."
    Potential Employer: "A Dawg winner.. wait.. when was the last time the Dawgs won a state football championship... back in 1997 right? That was last century. But I digress. Back to the interview. What was your specialty in college?"
    Former Student: "You're asking that too? Last dude asked me the same [censored] question; he was a loser - apparently didn't play sports. I didn't go to college. I'm a Dawg. I couldn't go college and mingle with non-Dawgs & losers."
    Potential Employer: "A number of our employees focused on their academics and higher education. That's what we're looking for. It doesn't appear you've followed the track we're looking for. I'm sorry."
    Former Student: "Wouldn't work with a bunch of losers, and non-Dawgs anyhow. I'm going to go back to my cousin's idea and try to get on the draw."


    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    Watching the BOS meeting

    *banging my head*
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    That bad?
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2nd Part of Ron Flanary Letter

    Yep. The Honeycutt woman, Robert Anderson (who has wrote before) and Marlene Bush.

    It seems to be what was said, the same vocal group going crazy.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •